BUSINESS SOCIAL COMPLIANCE INITIATIVE (BSCI)
The BSCI is the common European platform of retailers, industry and importing companies for monitoring and improving social standards in all supplier countries and for all consumer goods.
Foreign Trade Association (FTA), Brussels
- Offers a common approach for European commerce.
- Provides standardized Management Tools for all countries.
- Supplies a database: information pool to optimize coordination
of the process.
- It is open to retailers, importers and manufacturers.
- It covers all consumer goods.
- Involves stakeholders in Europe and supplier countries.
The BSCI is beneficial for all participants:
- More efficient implementation procedures than other monitoring systems.
- Saves cost and time through prevention of multiple auditing.
- Optimizes working conditions.
- Increases productivity.
- Higher product quality.
- Higher satisfaction for workers and consumers.
- Same requirements for all suppliers involved through their customers.